In some individual, cancer occur by chance. This can be due to lifestyle choices or may be environmental conditions. While in some it is caused by an inherited genetic variations and such type is called Hereditary Cancer. The genes, we are born with, may contribute to our risk of developing certain types of cancer. People carrying mutations associated with hereditary cancer are at high risk for the development of tumors at an early age. Approximately 10-15% of all the cancers diagnosed are hereditary cancer.
Around 10-15% of all cancer is hereditary. That means less than 1 of every 10 cancers is caused by a gene mutation that is passed down in a family. Hence it is not the common type.
• Someone with a personal history of early-onset cancer, rare cancer, bilateral cancer, or multiple primary cancers
• Someone with a positive family history of multiple generations of cancers.
• Breast, colorectal, or uterine cancer diagnosed before age 50
• Cancer in both of a set of paired organs (for example, both kidneys)
• Rare Cancer (ovarian, pancreatic, metastatic prostate, medullary thyroid, triple-negative breast or male breast cancer) • 10+ gastrointestinal polyps
• Breast or high grade prostate cancer (Gleason score >7)
The turnaround time for Hereditary Cancer is 3-4 weeks.
Blood (3-5ml) in EDTA Tubes
•Positive Test Result - It means there is a change in a particular gene which indicates that a person is a carrier of a particular genetic mutation and has increased risk of developing the disease in the future. However, it cannot predict the exact risk of developing a disorder.
•Negative Test Result - It means that there is no change in the gene which indicates that a person is not affected by a particular disorder and does not have an increased risk of developing it.
•Uninformative Test Result – It occurs because every individual has common natural variations in their DNA that do not affect health. It cannot confirm a specific diagnosis also it cannot indicate whether a person has an increased risk of developing a disorder.
Genes2Me is NABL accredited diagnostic lab headquartered in Gurgaon. Our dedicated team of doctors and scientists are passionate about helping individual consumers, clinicians and healthcare providers to create healthier families. Genes2Me enables and supports clinicians to address critical challenges across science and healthcare through our Genetic Test. We are focused on achieving healthy generations by delivering solutions to serve the mother and child care, Personalized Health, and Oncology domains.
FREE Sample Collection
PAN India Logistics